My Location

Apr 16, 2010

Now I can't live without my iPhone

It's funny how this Apple technology really does grow on you after a while. It's three months now since I posted about my top iPhone annoyances, but now I feel like posting about what I really love about the thing.

7. I can VPN to the network at work, so it would be possible to do remote support. I've not actually needed to do this, but it's nice to know it's there.

6. I can tether to either Windows or Mac using Bluetooth! Yay, remote connectivity for the PC! My previous phone had all sorts of software issues which affected tethering, but with the iPhone it just works. Now, if we could just do it using WiFi ...

5. It took me a while to get used to the Messages application, but now I really like the way it displays the conversation, like a chat session.

4. I've never had my email always with me before, but it's actually really handy to have.

3. I take the web with me everywhere, what a drug that is! The news, the weather, Facebook, mobile banking. For casual web surfing on a small screen, it works perfectly. And there's no getting around it, Telstra's NextG network is superb.

2. The iPod application is just such a pleasure to use, so polished. It's a combination of great looks and attention to details like the way it automatically pauses the music when you unplug the headphones. My previous phone couldn't play video, and was a bit unreliable with the Bluetooth headphones. The iPhone just works.

1. Games, games, games! There are some absolute crackers out there, including Flight Control, Angry Birds, Parking Mania and Electric Box. I've spent more time playing computer games in the last three months than at any time since being at university.

No comments:

Post a Comment